Foodbank Volunteer Co-ordinator Required
12- 16 hrs per week (open to negotiation), flexible across Monday-Friday
£9.60 per hour, minimum 12 months contract.
The Trustees of Middlesbrough Foodbank are looking to appoint a volunteer co-ordinator.
The job involves co-ordinating the recruitment, training and support of the volunteers working in the distribution centres and the depot and working with the Foodbank manager and office/warehouse co-ordinator to ensure the day to day smooth running of the Foodbank in accordance with the Trussell Trust franchise model. Training will be provided.
The role would be based at the depot and would also involve visiting the distribution centres around the town.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a warm and welcoming manner
- Be an encourager for the volunteers and also to be able help solve any difficulties
- Have experience of working or volunteering in an organisation that deploys volunteers
- Have an eye for detail – with good organisational and communication skills
- Be computer literate and able to keep accurate updated records for the volunteers
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team with other staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate empathy, honesty and integrity at all times when working with people facing disadvantage
- Be passionate about addressing food poverty and be willing to work with a wide range of local agencies and supporters.
Access to own transport would be useful but not essential for the role.
To apply for this position please download the application pack from the Middlesbrough Foodbank website, applications must be made using the application form, CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date is Friday 25th September 2020.
07954 131 337