Foodbank Volunteer Co-ordinator Required
12 hrs per week, worked flexibly across Monday-Friday
General hours would ideally be 10am to 2pm
£9.60 per hour, minimum 12 months contract
The Trustees of Middlesbrough Foodbank are looking to appoint a volunteer co-ordinator.
The job involves coordinating the recruitment, training and support of volunteers. Undertaking associated administrative tasks and assisting the foodbank manager and office/warehouse co-ordinator when required . Training will be provided.
The role would be based at the depot and would also involve visiting the distribution centres around the town.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a warm and welcoming manner
- Be an encourager for the volunteers and also to be able help solve any difficulties
- Have experience of working or volunteering in an organisation that deploys volunteers
- Have an eye for detail – with good organisational and communication skills
- Be computer literate and able to keep accurate updated records for the volunteers
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team with other staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate empathy, honesty and integrity at all times when working with people facing disadvantage
- Be passionate about addressing food poverty and be willing to work with a wide range of local agencies and supporters.
Access to own transport would be required for the role.